Monday, October 1, 2012

Bean - 28/29 weeks

We are officially into the third trimester and things are going well (minus the whole gd thing). Last week was the first of the every two week appointments. Dr was very pleased with my ability (so far) to keep my gd under control with diet and exercise. Hopefully I can keep it up until she gets here, but odds are not in my favor for that. Exciting news now that we've hit our third trimester, Bean has a name! She'll be Ada Claire, but she'll always be our little bean.

Last week we had our first of six child birth classes. I have to say, it's odd taking classes at a hospital that's not where you are delivering. In general, things are the same; however, the specifics are not. Hopefully we can get a tour set up with UTMB in the near future so we can see exactly where we will be going in December.
At the end of week 28

Now that I have been diagnosed with gd, I have to go in for routine growth check ultrasounds. This to keep track of Ada's growth and make sure she's not growing too fast. Today she measure at about 30 weeks in size, which is right about a week ahead. She's a little over 3 pounds and was a bit of a punk (again). At least this time she was head down, although that hindered some of the picture taking.

 Ada's face with her hand at her chin

The tech also tried to get a 3d pic for me, but Ada decided she didn't want her picture taken. Her hand was covering her face during that process. She's nothing if not beau and my's child!

No comments:

Post a Comment