Friday, April 19, 2013

4 month update

Sunday was Ada's 4 month birthday. It's hard to believe that four months have already passed by us. Ada's growing by leaps and bounds with each passing day. She's already trying to feed herself when she has a bottle. I'm kept busy helping keep her entertained daily. Simply laying on her activity mat doesn't always cut it. We now have an activity center that she's enjoying, even though she looks ridiculous sitting in it. 

Everything goes into her mouth now and she's testing limits. Nothing like watching your child see how far down her throat she can shove her fingers. I live for her smiles and laughs. Whenever I get her laughing, it makes me laugh. I love to hear it so much.

4 months!!

Her 4 month check up and shots were on Monday. She didn't do quite as well as she did at 2 months, but we some how made it through. Ada is now actually on the charts in all areas: 23.25" long, 11.2 lbs and head circumference of 16.14". These are in the 16th, 6th and 52nd percentile respectively. We are going to keep up our current feeding routine and hopefully after the 6 month check we'll be able to let her sleep through the night. Our pediatrician just wants to be sure that her weight continues to rise at a good rate.

In other news, we've begun packing up our house in anticipation of the move. We folded down the dining table and put it off to the side so we could start filling our dining with packed boxes. The next couple weeks will go by quickly, so I'm trying to get ahead on packing things that we won't need between now and then.

Also, I've been having some issues with wrist pain in the past couple weeks. My ob/gyn referred me to an orthopedist to diagnose the problem. He confirmed what I thought it most likely was which is de Quervain's tendonitis. It's like carpel tunnel and apparently many new mom's experience it. Hopefully a regimen of anti-inflammatory pills and rest should help get me over it soon. Gotta love all these postpartum issues.... 

Well, it's time to get back to playing with baby girl, working and getting the house in order for moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment