Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thanksgiving, Ren Fest and Aggie Football

I'm long overdue for some updates. Few things have been keeping me busy of late.

We enjoyed a nice, quiet Thanksgiving weekend with my folks. I did so well with controlling my gd that my doc gave me a two day grace period for Thanksgiving. So Thursday and Friday I was able to eat what I wanted and not have to check my glucose. It was wonderful :)

Thursday was full of yummy foods, football and lazing around. Then Friday Beau and I headed over to Plantersville to spend the day at the Texas Renaissance Festival. I'm glad we didn't get to go previously because I didn't have to worry about what I ate or testing while at the faire. For the most part we had a lot of fun, I just could have done without the bee sting. Thankfully I'm not allergic. 

Rudy, my folks' beagle

Friday night, the folks took us to Santa's Wonderland to see the lights. It was fun to drive through.





Saturday night we all headed to watch the Fightin' Texas Aggie football team btho mizzou. It was great being back in Aggieland and at Kyle Field. Little Bean got her first taste of growing up Aggie. Sadly, we had to leave the game early to head back home so I could be at work on Sunday. Thankfully though we were ahead, so it didn't matter much that we missed the last quarter.

Beau and I outside the Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment