Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Solid foods

I decided early on that I was going to try to make all of Ada's solid foods, except the cereals. So we started out with oatmeal, which didn't go over terribly well on it's own. Her first real foods included avocado and banana since these were easy to mash up. She's really taken well to most foods. Only a couple, like peas and green beans, that have to be mixed with other foods to go down easier.

We've made it through most of the foods that she's allowed to have currently according to the website I've been using as a guideline. Just recently we've added her third meal, lunch. I started doing just dinner, then added a breakfast, and finally lunch. Adding each about 2 weeks after the previous. Breakfast is usually a fruit or two with some cereal (mixed grain or oatmeal), lunch is a combo of 2-3 fruits and veggies (sometimes with cereal) and dinner is usually 2-3 veggies (and the occasional fruit).

It's been a fun journey making foods and introducing my little one to a wide variety at an early age. Hopefully I can start adding some of these foods to our meals too as Ada gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment