Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas

We celebrated Christmas on the island with my folks. They came down on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Mom went with me to the early service. We had dinner between services before heading back for the traditional candle light service. 


Following in Gilbert family tradition, after service we came home and made strawberry daiquiris. We enjoyed our holiday treat while watching The Holiday. Christmas morning we postponed opening gifts until after Sunday service. 


The tree on Christmas Morning

J and I open gifts, Rascal is intrigued

Always has to play with the box

Mexican train, one of our games from our registry

Aunt Sandy came over for dinner in the early afternoon. J and I made crab dip in a bread bowl, prosciutto wrapped scallops and Spanish garlic shrimp. For dessert Mom made a creme brulee cake which was quite yummy. Kyle and Marcy skyped in to have a virtual Christmas after dinner was over. I love that in this day and age we can use technology to cover hundreds of miles.

All in all, I think it was a great Christmas. This was one of the last major events between us and the wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment