Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Extra Super Super Bowl Sunday

I got quite the surprise this afternoon from beau. After we got the truck unloaded from the return trip, we'd decided to go to an early dinner. We were just about ready to go when I got an unexpected surprise. There, in our mostly barren apartment, Jason got down on one knee and proposed. Of course I said yes! Before I'd even seen the ring to boot. 




The ring is custom made, one of a kind (just like me!). It's a 3/4 carat, princess cut diamond. It's set in 14k white gold and has a channel of beading down each side. This is however, a temporary ring. There was an issue with the beading completely filling in the channel that the jeweler was displeased with. Consequently they are casting a whole new ring. This will give them a chance to resize it though. Right now it's about a half size too big.


Needless to say I was surprised and happy for the proposal. Officially we'll be engaged from the start of living in the apartment, and the apartment holds that much more memory for us. Now on to the fun part: planning! Details will be posted here as we figure things out. So keep an eye open.

No comments:

Post a Comment